What you will do…
As a member of the Infrastructure Cloud Engagement team, you and your colleagues will be responsible for ensuring Flutter UK&I gets the best value & experience when leveraging public cloud Services.
The team will consist of skilled engineers who will work with various areas of the business focusing on our GCP & AWS Cloud platforms. The goal of the team is to deliver processes, procedures & Services, across the whole of Flutter UK&I, that allow customers to easily onboard into public cloud and use the native Services provided with minimal friction, effectively & efficiently. Whilst maintaining our commitment to adhere to our governance & compliance requirements.
Being excited to be working with the latest technologies, you will develop solutions driven by business priorities and internal customer requirements. Utilising your excellent communication skills, and your ability to explain technical information to your team, peers, managers, and our customers, you will have the opportunity to influence our public Cloud strategy.
How you will do it…
- Working to mature our FinOps methodology to report on, manage & control Cloud costs.
- Developing, supporting, and optimising Cloud platforms & services, including AWS & GCP.
- Focusing on continuous improvement of new & existing automation and shared Services to meet IAM, FinOps & Cloud operational requirements.
- Coding and scripting AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK and other languages where necessary.
- Supporting other teams with automation and shared Services queries and requests.
- Working closely with other teams & tribes, implementing changes that deliver on their requirements to best practice & ITIL standards.
- Write and keep up-to-date documentation.
- Own improvements to our Services & automation, following the software development lifecycle through tests and into live.
- You will help ensure our services meet their service level objectives through automated monitoring and alerting. You will proactively investigate the performance of our services to identify enhancements and report service metrics to the SLM team.
- Keep up to date with the latest Cloud technologies and best practices. Suggesting areas where new tools or practices can help the business achieve its goals.
- Work as part of an on-call 24x7 rota.
- Significant industry experience with managing & supporting AWS public Cloud environments & infrastructure.
- Significant experience of IAM role-based access, FinOps, Infrastructure Cloud best practices and associated policies & guardrails.
- Enterprise level experience of using some of the following products & Services in a production environment. AWS, GCP, AWS CDK, AWS Control Tower, CloudFormation, Docker, Git, GitHub, Jenkins (or similar CI systems).
- Able to help develop, prioritise, and drive a roadmap for our supported products and services.
- Able to positively input into the ways of working and our Cloud engagement strategy.
- Act as a Centre of Excellence and advocate for public Cloud Engagement, supporting our customers & positively influencing their journey into public Cloud.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- Strong, supportive, proactive team player.
- Ability to support and mentor less experienced member of the team.
There are four key expectations of any Cloud Engineer; these skills and knowledge areas are the foundations we build upon to become a supportive, motivated, agile, and highly skilled squad.
- Strong understanding and experience of public Cloud specifically AWS, GCP knowledge desirable.
- Strong Ops experience. A hands-on, can-do attitude putting our Services & Customers first.
- Ability to learn, research and communicate. We are constantly exposed to new technologies. This means you would be expected to assess, evaluate, and discard technologies which may be suitable to solve a problem, be able to present your findings and recommendations to the squad clearly and be open to discussion before the squad decide on a path to take.
- Coding knowledge and experience is essential. As we endeavour to automate as much as possible of the common activities & customer requests we undertake & receive.
How we work:
- Agile ways of working encompassing vendor best practices & following ITIL processes & procedures.
- Supporting other teams and tribes helping them realise value for money from our public Cloud infrastructure.
- Identify areas where we can make efficiencies and avoid future workload by suggesting solutions that complement our existing Cloud strategy.
- Automate to reduce overheads & improve consistency, stability & functionality.
- Identifying & managing risks to our Services & the wider business through investigation, escalation & mitigation.
What you can expect:
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other;
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Share save scheme and „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Excellent development opportunities including online and in-house training, access to thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'.
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.