The .NET Engineer is a strong contributor within Risk&Trading team, and will contribute to design and deliver software solutions to enable the group companies to obtain competitive advantage, while maintaining quality, good hygiene in development practices and adoption of new technologies.
• Actively contribute to team adherence of engineering practices around software quality, extensibility, maintainability and reliability.
• Ownership of DevOps self service, support and operation of infrastructure within AWS.
• Ownership of CICD.
• Ownership of automated testing.
• Ownership of applications & platforms delivery to meet business outcomes.
• Introduce new ideas and tech to the domain.
• Ensuring SLA’s for low latency applications are achieved where applicable.
• Commitment to modern development practices and instills those values and practices across the team.
• Participate in solution design and code reviews.
Project and Operational Delivery
• Work with solution lead and senior engineer to deliver the strategic roadmap of projects as well as the operational aspects of the estate. Support, maintenance, BAU and cost controls in AWS.
• Contribute to the assessment, analysis, planning and design of applications within the estate.
• Work with the solution lead to foster relationships with stakeholders and refine roadmaps in line with platform capabilities.
• Ensure solutions are appropriately documented, supported and transitioned into BAU.
• Close collaboration with data teams to ensure all solutions are neatly integrated into the big data platforms and data is available for analysts, data scientists, quants etc.
• Ensure programs of work are planned such that they yield outcomes on a regular basis while working towards longer term platform objectives.
• Contribute to the delivery of initiatives by working closely with the solution lead to manage delivery of outcomes within cross functional delivery teams.
• Participate in the technical solutions to business problems.
• Understanding of the core business drivers.
• Ability to provide a consulting role in solutions conversations with stakeholders, not just a servant relationship.
Experience and skills:
• 2 or more years as a .NET Engineer in a mid-large digital organization with a demonstrated ability to lead teams (formally or informally).
• Experience in C#, the .NET Framework and .Net Core;
• Experience in basic AWS concepts and services such as VPC, EC2, ECS, CloudFormation, RDS, etc..
• Experience in Docker, Jenkins, Bamboo and OctopusDeploy;
• IBM Informix, DynamoDB, SQL Server, MySQL and other databases.
• RabbitMQ or other message brokers.
• Kafka or other streaming technologies.
• Serverless architecture e.g. Lambda.
• Experience with NUnit and testing automation.
• Adaptable and fast learner.
• Agile mindset with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• Demonstrated ability to interact positively and constructively with internal stakeholders, partners and team members.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple streams of work in a high-pressure environment.
• A teaching mindset.
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave
- ShareSave scheme and „Flexible Benefits” of your choice
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments)
- Excellent development opportunities including thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
- Working from home options
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective roles within our company.