The Cloud Automation Engineer will work on multiple initiatives with the aim of integrating our automated infrastructure with our PaaS. We’re looking for an engineer to join our team to contribute to our private cloud which is based on the Openstack platform as well as our AWS CI/CD solution. You should be familiar with continuous delivery and how it is utilized to deliver applications to production. This job will require you to have Linux administration and automation skills. You should also be comfortable with networking, have experience running virtualized and/or physical servers and to assist various delivery teams set up deployment pipelines that will deploy the applications through testing environments and onto production.
You will create self-service infrastructure workflows that delivery teams will consume. You will work with other automation engineers and become familiar with continuous integration, continuous delivery and deployment processes at Flutter UKI and how to implement them and improve them. We want you to have a “can do” attitude and look at ways of automating manual tasks.
- Day-to-day activity improving our infrastructure, tooling and continuous delivery processes, including project work as well as support for delivery teams.
- Help development teams on-board applications into Openstack or AWS by creating CI/CD pipelines for various technologies including Apache, Kafka, MySQL, Informix and many more in an immutable way.
- Look at ways of utilizing Openstack and AWS APIs to automate manual activities
- Utilize configuration management and tools such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins and GoCD to create self-service workflows
- Assessing new technology that could be beneficial to Flutter UKI and creating POCs to evaluate new tooling and technology
- Resource estimations for projects and software releases
- Work experience as a DevOps
- Experience using source control management tools such as Git
- Technical knowledge of Linux administration, Networking, CD/CI tooling (Jenkins, Artifactory, GoCD), Storage, Software Defined Networking
- Development experience in Python
- Container knowledge + orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge automating manual application deployments using Ansible/Chef/Terraform/AWS CDK
- Experience with load balancing products and/or clustering
- Aptitude for evaluating and embracing new technologies and tooling.
- Problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and root cause analysis capabilities.
- Comfortable with a remote work environment
- Exposure to Openstack
- Working experience using AWS services (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, etc)
- Ability to work and communicate with non-technical business staff
- Incident and Change Management experience
- Coach and mentor team members
What you can expect:
25 days of annual leave
Share save scheme
” Flexible Benefits” of your choice
Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments)
Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective role within the company.