We are looking for a Senior Software Architect to join our lively and dynamic Sportsbet team based out of our office in Cluj-Napoca. Our teams focus primarily on customer data, looking to provide first-class customer experience in various processes like registration, verification, payments, responsible gaming and other areas.
This role will take the lead in cross functional engagement, orchestrating collaboration between architecture and engineering, responsible for driving technical directions of multiple teams according to overall brand strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to generate high level design solutions for production systems and/or proof of concepts for new design guidelines
- Define the application, system, and technical architectures for significant areas of development
- Oversee developing future component architecture and migration plans
- Create, design, prototype new integration solutions in alignment with product roadmap
- Able to contribute to generate cross-team roadmap by pointing out dependencies considering cost and effort
- Define and enforce relevant technical procedures and standards across teams and departments
- Ensure alignment of technology and security principles and standards
- Work closely with global and local architecture teams to seamlessly integrate in existing technology and solutions stack
- Research emerging trends and new technologies to contribute to the overall Engineering team know-how growth
- Understand the need and opportunity for change and continual process improvement, identifying areas for improvement and helping drive change – embracing our Reflect, Learn and Improve mindset.
- Demonstrating Sportsbet values in all interactions, including taking a customer first and last approach and continuously reflecting, learning and improving.
- Bring best practice outside of the organisation to improve our practises and deliver benefit to the organisation
- Build a sustainable delivery practise that is able to meet Sportsbet’s changing demands.
- Demonstrate a get things done attitude
Technical expertise and knowledge:
- Master of multiple delivery practices including agile practices (e.g. Scrum & Kanban)
- Adaptability and creativity of delivery frameworks based on the needs of the project
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- 5 years+ experience in a similar Architect role
- Demonstrated strong technical competency with Cloud architecture principles, expertise with production level systems design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with orchestration and management of highly sophisticated business structures, able to work in a highly functional environment of technical folk who each own their own area of expertise
- Previous experience with large scale merger and acquisition projects is a plus
- Core Competencies – core differentiators:
- Game Changer – leads change from the front, as well as support and role model change for Sportsbet (even when it may feel like you haven’t gotten your way)
- Nimble – can quickly adjust, pivot and re-focus teams through change and/or reacting to problems or opportunities. Can quickly bounce back and show personal resilience
- Other attributes:
- Inspirational leader of leaders – can inspire and empower other Architects and engineers
- Lifelong learner – and can learn on the fly proactively
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to quickly build rapport with a broad range of stakeholder and peers through trust and integrity
- Good ability to prioritise
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A real leader who knows how to empower the team and themselves, taking ownership of solutions and driving them to success
- Ability to drive collaboration with technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Flexibility to accommodate for time zone differences across our global teams
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sharesave scheme
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments)
- Free parking
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Pokerstars role.