We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, technical driven professional to work in a team of engineers developing highly available enterprise products.
Our continued business success and growth demand a lot from our technology, including transaction volumes that surpass many of the world's leading financial institutions. Our engineers are committed to find the best solutions to complex technical challenges together with professional team members.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Software creation, unit testing, adhering to standards and best practices;
- Write technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively;
- Code reviews, by and for peers;
- Work in an Agile environment;
- Contribute to team development;
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues.
Key Working Relationships:
This position involves working within a cross-skilled development team, and having regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Fanduel products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Excellent coding practices including a solid understanding of design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Experience with Java 1.8 or later
- Proven development experience using Java SE and/or Java EE: beans, concurrency, transactions, I/O
- Understanding of SQL databases
- Experience with ORM (Hibernate, JPA)
- Focus on application performance & scalability
- API development (design for clarity & usability)
- Experience with Spring (SpringBoot, Security, MVC)
- Hands-on experience with unit testing/mocking frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Mockito)
- Exposure with build tools (e.g. Gradle, Maven)
- Exposure with CI/CD (Jenkins, Buildkite)
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Understanding of NoSQL databases
- Understanding in DevOps topics - Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Familiarity with AWS / Cloud Computing (e.g. S3, CloudFormation)
- Experience with analysis & monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog, Splunk)
- Contact with database migration tools (e.g Flyway, Liquibase)
- Experience with messaging technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Knowledge of caching systems (e.g. Redis)
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development;
- Methodologies and supporting tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence.
What you can expect:
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other;
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Share save scheme and „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Excellent development opportunities including online and in-house training, access to thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'.
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.