We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, highly skilled Quality Assurance professional to join our team of engineers building high-end, high-quality applications.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem-solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude. They will be capable of interacting with both technical and non-technical people, being able to quickly develop a detailed knowledge of the applications being tested.
- Carry out testing of new software development manually and through test automation
- Designing new and creative approaches towards complex testing requirements, across multiple domains
- Contribute to the overall testing effort on the projects
- Verify and validate the functionality to be aligned with the product specifications
- Suggest and implement improvements to the QA processes applied by the team
- Participate in all software development stages
- Participate in code reviews together with peers
- Involvement in the release process and validations after release (sanity tests, logs and metrics)
- Provide alternative solutions and improvements, together with the team
- Validate and review user stories & defects – you will understand the impact of user stories in the product and identify potential future problems with that implementation
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge of software testing principles. Ability to plan, design and execute test cases
- Knowledge of OOP programming principles
- Understanding of microservice oriented architectures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Clarity of thought and strong communication skills to effectively pitch solutions
- Strong troubleshooting skills in different disparate technologies and environments
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and prioritization skill
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Share save scheme and „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Excellent development opportunities including online and in-house training, access to thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
- Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.