Product Owner (Infrastructure)
- Represents Infrastructure by interfacing with and engaging the customer and ensuring business outcomes are at the core of everything we do.
- Drive and contribute to the development of product roadmap for all relevant areas with relevant “Heads Of” function and Architecture team.
- Working with project managers, delivery managers and scrum teams to determine the business value of proposed products and features.
- Working with other product owners in the group to identify project dependencies early in order to inform the sequence of work.
- Creates and maintains the Product Backlog.
- Prioritises and sequences the Backlog according to business value or ROI
- Assists with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint. (Based on Ways of Working)
- Contributes to the success of each sprint and ensure value of all work done is visible.
- Communicates the vision and goals at the beginning of every release and Sprint
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Communicates status externally.
- Participate in preparation and presentation of product demos as necessary.
- Prepare product launches/releases and ensure operational health of product as part of release planning.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Act as a product expert through making use of market research, user studies etc to inform the product backlog
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Be a structured thinker with a proven ability to plan and deliver outcomes
- Experienced in Agile methods
- Strong reporting skills across multiple toolsets
- Works well under time and environmental pressures
- Core Infrastructure Domain expertise
- Requirements elicitation
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Customer (both internal and external) obsessed!
What you can expect:
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other;
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Share save scheme and „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Excellent development opportunities including online and in-house training, access to thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'.
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.