As part of the Betfair Romania Development team, you will have the chance to work for one of the newest project allocated to our Center of Excellence. FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Scotland and Romania.
Your mission will be to give sports fans experiences they can't wait to share with their friends
The Delivery Manager is accountable for the delivery of a full roadmap. You will passionately drive the evolution of department's lean software delivery capability and provide an exciting and rewarding career development for your talented development team.
You understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery, and have experience of leading teams operating within a CD culture. You passionately believe in an agile, DevOps-centric team that builds, tests, releases and operates its own applications.
This role requires exceptional communication skills, as interaction and engagement with senior management will be a regular aspect of the role. This is a technical role, with experience in all aspects of software delivery processes, from inception to release required.
- Own products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant roadmap
- Work closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the Technology Organisation to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to appropriate quality standards, within Blip's overall infrastructure;
- Clearly communicate and promote strategies, roadmaps, dependencies and plans for products and/or components;
- Own the product lifecycle and be responsible for managing all delivery risks;
- Manage all technical resources and capacity plans within budget and project schedule.
- Lead, inspire, motivate and line manage a multi-discipline software development team;
- Coach, hold 1 to 1s, set and review objectives, appraise performance, and assist with career development, ensuring effective performance management;
- Help build a ‘delivery with high quality' culture that is accountability and results orientated;
- Responsible for achieving and sustaining employee engagement;
- Meet ambitious timelines while balancing business risks and trade-offs;
- Drive the team to continuously improve processes;
- Maximize employee retention through motivation and strong management;
- Encourage a ‘right first time' culture;
- Adopts a coaching style of leadership.
- Understand intimately the dependencies between components and how they combine to deliver service to the end consumer and to the business;
- Consistently apply significant knowledge of Agile/Lean within the team, namely Scrum
- Serve as liaison between delivery team and key stakeholder(s);
- Execute, plan and manage changes as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Manage the review of product requirements within the team and provide feedback to product owners and other change originators;
- Provide technical direction for design, development, testing and deployment from definition phase through planning, implementation and maintenance;
- Understand and balance commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities;
- Easily recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions;
- Continuous improvement of processes through automation of common procedures, and implementation of standards, processes and checklists;
- Prioritize all tasks throughout all phases of the project lifecycle;
- Foster an appropriate sense of urgency to deliver results at pace;
- Manage the production of technical approach documentation and preparation of software
- development and QA estimates;
- Actively measure and review the Productivity, Velocity, Quality and Duration of delivery, taking prompt corrective action where necessary.
Key experience & qualifications
- Proven track record of leading and managing teams on complex software projects;
- Using agile methods for software delivery;
- Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the testing of these;
- Managing the development of a team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each team
- member's career interests where possible;
- Using defect tracking systems.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge.
Key skills & attributes
- Manage effectively a team consisting of multiple disciplines;
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints;
- Able to lead and motivate others;
- Work well under time and environmental pressures;
- Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude;
- Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Team player, who strives to maximise team and departmental performance.
What you can expect:
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Share save scheme and „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Excellent development opportunities including online and in-house training, access to thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective roles within our company.