The Procurement function in Flutter is now responsible for the governance of external third party spend of over £3.9bn per annum across the various business units. Business Owners are supported in the management of this spend by a Sourcing team based in each of the four business units and by the Procurement Services team which helps manage supplier risk, key systems, and contract management. To ensure a cohesive and co-ordinated approach to supplier spend management across the business, Flutter has a Group Category Management team led by the Director - Global Supplier Partnerships and Category Management.
We are looking for a proactive, energetic and motivated team player to manage the newly formed Business & Market Intelligence Unit within the Group Category Management function. Whilst reporting to the Global Category Manager, the successful candidate will be required to manage the collation, analysis and delivery of accurate information required to report on Procurement activity and help drive sound decision-making.
The role involves managing the collection, processing and analysing supplier spend data to help our stakeholders uncover buying patterns, to help nurture effective supplier partnerships, to gain insights to support our strategic sourcing planning and to track procurement performance to decrease costs.
This role manages the reporting on Procurement metrics and KPI’s, including budgeted and actual savings, to audiences that may include Executive management and the role will involve liaison with Senior Leadership by presentation.
It also involves the management of projects to improve processes and technology used in the spend analysis and savings identification, with responsibility of providing best-in class reporting to identify trends to drive insights and relevant actions.
The Spend Analytics Manager will also manage the Market Intelligence (MI), (both in house and external intelligence), and Category Management (CM) for the team. They will manage the development of processes and capabilities, including our Supplier Intelligence Management (SIM) database, supported by other team members. This will support our Group and Divisional CM team to manage our full 3rd party supplier base by delivering useful MI to our CM’s and Stakeholders.
The Manager must also have experience of managing a small team, including the responsibility of recruitment of suitable staff with appropriate skills, competencies and attitudes, and have a proven track record of people development.
The Manager will be responsible for developing Spend Analytic talent and coaching ‘insight’ type skills to the Analyst(s).
Primary Responsibilities of this Role:
The Spend Analytics Manager will manage the team to deliver the following key areas:
- Savings Reporting: - liaising with divisional Procurement teams and Finance Business Partners (FBP's) to: -
- prepare of annual Savings budget and quarterly forecast revisions
- report on actual, budget and forecast savings to Procurement and executive management
- Spend Analytics: - manage the Analyst(s) in the liaison with divisional Procurement and Finance teams to ensure timely production of accurate, meaningful analysis of global spend with suppliers, classified by category, division and brand.
- collate spend data for sharing with external spend analytics providers
- collate spend data for sharing with external spend analytics providers
- review of spend analysis prepared by external providers
- preparation of reports from spend analysis to assist global CM and savings planning
- Using Data and Insights derived from spend analytics to manage the team to:
- Identify savings opportunities and realise incremental savings / value
- Manage risk and maverick spending to ensure compliance
- Evaluate supplier performance for better relationship management
- Benchmark supplier performance
- Drive data-driven strategic sourcing
- Spend to Contract reconciliation: - Preparation and/or review of reconciliations to commitments.
- KPI & Objectives Dashboard: - liaising with divisional Procurement teams to manage the preparation of timely, accurate metrics to comprehensively report on Procurement activity.
- Category Intelligence: - SIM and CM planning bring together Strategic Categories and Suppliers – development of tools and processes to support our Category Managers and Stakeholders to understand their spend and make informed decisions.
- Market Intelligence: - Gathering and analysing data relevant to Flutter specific market: such as, key suppliers, pricing, market trends, demand for supplier products / services. Sharing MI with CMs and Stakeholders to improve negotiation position, reduce risk, anticipate surges in demand etc.
- Executive reporting: - collation of inputs required from "Heads of" for reporting to team senior management and CFO. Preparation of presentations and presenting to same audience.
- Critical thinking gains useful insights and draw sensible conclusions from data reviews.
- Running ad hoc reports for Procurement and the Business, as required.
- Driving and management of projects that improve processes and systems in spend analytics and savings identification, budgeting and reporting.
- People Management: - this role likely will require the management of other team member/s. Amongst other duties this will involve identifying training needs; ensuring relevant Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) are maintained; ensuring that required training is delivered.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ project management experience, with proven track record of experience in process improvements and change management program,
- People management experience involving recruitment, people development and day to day management.
- Strong Excel skills, including knowledge of large spreadsheets, pivot tables, sorting, charts, IF statements and VLOOKUPS.Excellent Attention to detail.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with stakeholders in other teams, sometimes at senior levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable preparing reports for senior and executive management and presenting to same.
- Critical thinking, able to gain useful insights and draw sensible conclusions from data reviews, such as identification of savings opportunities.
- Proactive, highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Willingness, ability and resilience required to learn quickly and work in a challenging, face-paced dynamic team environment.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines, prioritising and multitasking as required.
- Team player able to work with others to meet team objectives.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Degree Level Educated.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in effectively managing people.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a spend analytics / data analysis role in a Procurement/Finance environment.
- Ability to manage projects to improve process and technology.
- Ability to always present a positive and professional face of Flutter enhancing the credibility of the business at every given opportunity.
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Sharesave scheme;
- ”Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Free parking;
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective role within the company.