As part of the Betfair Romania Development team, you will have the chance to work for one of the newest project allocated to our Center of Excellence. FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Scotland and Romania.
Your mission will be to give sports fans experiences they can't wait to share with their friends.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, technical driven professional to work in a team of engineers developing highly available enterprise products.
Our continued business success and growth demand a lot from our technology, including transaction volumes that surpass many of the world's leading financial institutions. Our engineers are committed to find the best solutions to complex technical challenges together with professional team members.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem solving skills, and should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
What will you do:
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
- Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Write technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively
- Contribute to team development
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
- Very strong Java skills - Java 8+
- Hands-on experience with TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of at least one front end library / framework (i.e. React)
- Strong knowledge of Spring, SpringBoot
- Exposure to HTML and CSS
- Hands-on experience with unit testing/mocking frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Mockito)
- Exposure to build tools (e.g. Gradle, Maven)
- Exposure in source code management (GIT) and code version control (Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket)
- React Native
- Experience with RESTful Web Services (APIs)
- Understanding of SQL / NoSQL databases
- Understanding of database migration tools (e.g Liquibase, Flyway)
- Exposure to ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- General interest in DevOps topics (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of caching systems (e.g. Redis, Hazelcast);
- Experience working in CI/CD setup (Buildkite, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Familiarity with analysis & monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog, Splunk, Kibana)
What you can expect:
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Share save scheme and „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Excellent development opportunities including online and in-house training, access to thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
- Working from home options
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective roles within our company.