We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, technical driven professional to work in a team of engineers developing highly available enterprise products.
Our continued business success and growth demand a lot from our technology, including transaction volumes that surpass many of the world's leading financial institutions. Our engineers are committed to find the best solutions to complex technical challenges together with professional team members.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Software creation, unit testing, adhering to standards and best practices;
• Write technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively;
• Code reviews, by and for peers;
• Work in an Agile environment;
• Contribute to team development;
• Provide guidance to junior colleagues;
Key Working Relationships:
This position involves working within a cross-skilled development team, and having regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Fanduel products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
• At least 5 year experience using Java technnologies;
• Object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD);
• Proven development experience using Java 11 SE and/or Java EE: beans, concurrency, transactions, I/O,servlets, messaging, application monitoring, ORM(Hibernate, JPA);
• Focus on application performance & scalability;
• API development (design for clarity & usability);
• Experience with frameworks/technologies: spring , web frameworks, web service, AOP;
• Experience with application containers: tomcat, jetty, jboss;
• Experience with unit testing/mocking frameworks e.g. junit, mockito;
• Experience with build tools e.g. Maven2;
• Experience in leading a small team, as an informal / tech leader;
• Basic experience with content management systems;
• Understanding of SQL databases;
• Understanding of NoSQL databases;
• Exposure to Linux operating systems;
• Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development;
• methodologies and supporting tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence;
• JVM tunning utilities, JMX exposure;
• Experience with analysis & monitoring tools (Splunk, AppDynamics, Jstat etc.);
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• ”Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy';
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective role within the company.