Are you our next player?
We are looking for an Atlassian Specialist who will be responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance, security, and ongoing improvements of our Atlassian ecosystem, which includes Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Bitbucket, and third-party integrations.
You will work on all aspects of Atlassian platform system engineering and application support, customization, improvements, and maintenance.
Why do we need you?
You will have a direct impact on the customer experience through the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of new features and functionalities; building towards a platform that provides the required value enhancement tooling, capabilities, capacity, and performance that align with business needs and goals.
Working and providing technical inputs to our Atlassian roadmap, key objectives, and goals and mapping these into backlog deliverables, you will be working directly with business teams in a collaborative fashion, gathering feedback and building strong relationships that will enable smooth project and task delivery. At the same time working within the technical team to drive the internal process, system improvements, Incident and SLA management, and automation improvements.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Drive performance, disaster recovery, security, and scaling initiatives, continuously monitoring Atlassian products across versions, and evaluating the multiple factors that could impact their scale and/or stability whether this is a single or clustered instance.
- Provide day-to-day support for the management of projects within our portfolio. These may be Enterprise-wide transformation programs impacting the whole company, or tactical initiatives that require your skillset to get them done.
- You will lead by example to promote a culture of innovation and quality across the Atlassian engineering team and exhibit a relentless focus on our users’ needs and success.
- Demonstrate a relentless focus for automation across all areas, both technical operations and workflow process management, to continually review and enhance productivity and efficiencies, helping teams reduce TOIL replacing manual activities for automated routines.
- Align toolset activities with Agile adoption, supporting the organization in their transformation by delivering the correct tooling. Working with the Agile Guild to define, design, and implement Jira projects for teams engaging in new ways of working.
- Cooperate closely with the portfolio management team to maximize value through the development of new features and enhancements for the business user community and the continuous maintenance of the existing portfolio projects and provide in the creation of high-quality requirements and the creation of user guides for new features/products.
- Champion Atlassian solutions and/or 3rdparty solutions that can further deliver enhancements and business value to the organization such as Jira Service Management, Jira Core, et. Work with teams to run product demos, participate in proof of concepts, create business cases and new product integrations.
- Engage with both technical and business stakeholders to identify opportunities for optimization of Jira projects with various schemas, workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Advocate the usage of the real-time custom dashboards and integrate Jira projects with Confluence pages. Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in Jira to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Finally, you can expect to maintain detailed documentation and when necessary, deliver training and mentorship to users.
Who are we looking for?
In this role, we are looking for you to have the following skills and experience:
- Comfortable with most aspects of Atlassian Suite administration and management.
- Can interpret business requirements and implement good solutions in the Atlassian products.
- App/Addon/Plugin - Review & Recommendation.
- Integrations - Review & Recommendation.
- Diagnose and manage system & security issues as they arise.
- Works with varying levels of supervision/mentoring, dependant on project/work type.
- Awareness of the differences in versions and hosting options of the Atlassian Suite and Apps/Addons/Plugins.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Ecosystem.
- Niche / speciality skillset (Scripting, Admin, Infra etc.).
- Great people skills, with the ability to build a strong level of partnership at all levels of the organization.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Good working knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Linux user or experience with Linux system administration
- Good knowledge of and experience with database administration/maintenance, JQL, SQL, advanced querying, and data structure models
- Good knowledge of and experience in add-on development tools, SDK, APIs
- Some experience with web application and/or complex systems development (Java, Groovy)
What can you expect:
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Sharesave scheme.
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice.
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments).
- Free parking.
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'.
- Working from home options.
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.