As part of Flutter's International division, you will contribute to the success of the PokerStars brands. We are on an exciting journey; as part of the Flutter group, we form a key piece of the world's largest Betting and Gaming company. We are expanding our team to support our ambitious cloud adoption roadmap.
As DevOps Engineer you will enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of the cloud across the enterprise aligned with our hosting strategy, maximizing the ability to realise its benefits while reducing risk.
You will be responsible for implementation of our cloud strategy, governance, and best practices to transform the business using the public cloud.
It is important to facilitate knowledge sharing about our cloud activities with other parts of organization.
Why join the team?
- You will work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world's largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition
- It is your chance to build and run new cloud platforms and systems that will be used by millions around the world, building on your career and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale
- You will be part of the award-winning Flutter group tech family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills, and developing yourself in new ways.
DevOps Engineer focused on supporting our pivot from on-premises hosting of infrastructure to cloud-based infrastructure. This role will have heavy involvement in forming the bedrock that the cloud infrastructure for the entire division will be built upon. The role could include participation in on-call rotation.
- Helping to implement our key organizational controls for the AWS
- Cloud technical leadership of complex, cross-company projects to deliver cloud foundational capabilities
- Foster a self-service mindset across the business, enabling verticals to manage their own infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and teaching to other DevOps and operational staff
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong understanding of cloud-native operations, technologies, principles, and infrastructure as code
- 2 years of experience managing content delivery network (AWS, Akamai or Cloudflare)
- 2 years of experience managing web application firewall (AWS, Akamai or Cloudflare)
- Understanding of DDOS (Distributed Denial of Services) attacks mechanisms and tools to prevent them (AWS, Akamai or Cloudflare)
- 2 years of experience managing big DNS implementations
- 2 Years of Linux/*nix engineering and administration
- Capability in a few IaaC solutions - Terraform essential (Ansible, Salt are useful)
- Worked with advanced AWS architectures, experience with GCP and Azure will also be an advantage.
- Experience in application and infrastructure security, particularly within the cloud
- Incident handling and pragmatic operational decisions
- Configuration management or software development experience
- Experience of creating, and best practises for, CI/CD (I.e. Jenkins) automation
- Working to gain insight over key projects and help to steer the architectural decision to make our cloud platform fit for purpose
- Familiarity with Akamai products.
- AWS Certified SysOps/Architect
- Capability in a few scripting languages (e.g Python, Groovy is useful)
What can you expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Sharesave scheme;
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Free parking;
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy';
- Working from home options.
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.