What you are going to do:
The successful candidate will have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results driven attitude, a strong communicator who is capable of interacting with both technical and non-technical people.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develop software as part of an agile team with short iterations and frequent releases;
- Contribute to planning and the subsequent development of applications;
- Remain up-to-date in terms of current and future needed upgrades.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- 3+ years experience as a Java programmer
- An understanding of Event-driven, messaging-based systems
- Messaging brokering technologies (experience in RabbitMQ and/or Kafka an advantage)
- Storage technologies (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Test-driven development techniques (e.g. BDD and ATDD)
- Automated testing and mocking techniques
- Clean coding
- Agile and Lean approaches
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sharesave scheme
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments)
- Free parking
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.