The Delivery manager is a key role within Betting Platform, responsible for designing and delivering Software Solutions to enable the Group companies to obtain competitive advantage, while developing and leading your team
The team will consist of up to 10 people with a diverse skillset who utilise agile ways of working to deliver and support Sportsbet Platform.
Keeping a continuous focus on growing individuals, building team dynamics and uplifting agile practices are key success factors.
This role requires exceptional communication skills and experience in all aspects of software delivery processes, from inception to release.
- Own the delivery of initiatives by leading delivery of outcomes within cross functional delivery teams
- Delivery & Release Planning
- Clearly and transparently keeping stakeholders informed and in the loop
- Manage and develop a talented team of engineers to deliver a challenging roadmap of initiatives whilst maintaining best practice approaches to delivering stable and quality deliverables
- Drive the operation of the team to allow team members to excel and establish career pathways to continually develop the expertise and leadership within the team to allow the team to grow and be challenged
- Mentoring and coaching of team members
PROJECT & OPERATIONAL DELIVERY
- Manage and deliver the Strategic roadmap of projects as well as the operational aspects of the estate
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and refine roadmaps for success
- Contribute to the assessment, analysis, planning and design of applications within the estate
- Ensure the health of Agile principles and practices within the Team
- Communication of designs, progress, and achievements across all levels of the organisation
- Ensure solutions are appropriately documented, supported, and transitioned into BAU
- Providing guidance and support to the business in determining and recommending approaches to yield both short- and long-term outcomes
- Contribute to the Long-Term health of the estate by balancing delivery of business outcomes in parallel with platform investment
- Whilst not a hands-on role, a Technical leader with an ability to contribute to technical direction and oversight
Key experience & qualifications
- Proven experience in a role leading a cross functional design, delivery and support team of 8+ technical experts
- Delivery leadership experience within eCommerce and Agile environments of high volume / throughput and complexity (e.g of product, stakeholders)
- A respected Technology leader with strong communication experience, ideally across time zones
- Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the testing of these;
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge.
- Ideally 3+ years' experience in similar role
- Experience in major Java frameworks such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience in basic AWS concepts and services such as VPC, EC2, ECS, Cloud formation, RDS, etc. and Serverless architecture e.g., Lambda
- Experience in design and develop highly available, scalable and reliable AWS based systems
- Experience in Microservice based architecture and event-driven architecture
- Experience in enterprise application development
- Experience in test automation and relevant frameworks and libraries
- Understanding of CI/CD and relevant tools and technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Ansible Script
- Familiar with DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and other databases
- Familiar with Kafka or other streaming technologies
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Free parking;
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
- Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective role within the company.