The Senior Product Owner is a key role within the Customer Experience area, who's role is to deliver game-changing improvements for our business. Your focus will be on the Customer Experience domain and will work with key business stakeholders, technical teams, external technology partners and all groups within the Technology organisation to define, evolve and support software and system components within Sportsbet's overall infrastructure.
You maintain a strong partnership with Cusomer Experience peers and colleagues, collaborating on strategic solutions and translating into technical solutions to enable the Group companies to obtain competitive advantage.
Manage Early Delivery
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in other teams to prioritise work, and to manage risks and dependencies
- Own and maintain the Initiative backlog – communicate the status of this backlog to stakeholders in and out of the team, perform high level discovery on items before being given to delivery teams, ensure prioritised items are ready for the team when needed
- Analyse high level ideas, understand them and give them to delivery teams in deliverable slices
- Assign value to work, reflect on what value has been achieved once delivered – influence others in and out of the team to have a value mindset
- Understand the core business drivers, both short and long term to provide a consulting role in Project, Solution & Roadmap conversations with stakeholders.
- Be the interface between stakeholders across both business and technology, bringing sufficient domain and technical expertise to act as a trusted partner.
- Work with the Tech Lead and Lead Engineers for project delivery, clearly and transparently keeping stakeholders informed and in the loop
- Contribute to Roadmap, including forecasting & planning
- Efficiently work towards moving a project from ideation to delivery by producing the rights artifacts, manage the product backlogs
- Support Delivery & Release Planning by bringing a Customer and Commercial focus
- Deliver business process enhancements
- Work with Product Managers and Business Analysts globally to understand the bigger picture, contribute to technical discussions (e.g. scalability, architecture) and understand the benefits and drawbacks of different technical solutions
- Able to negotiate and reconcile conflicting priorities among various stakeholders.
- Elicit and analyse high level requirements from stakeholders using a variety of techniques and break them down into playable user stories for one or two delivery teams.
- Analyse business processes to uncover opportunities for improvement and facilitate teams to realise these benefits.
- Maintain a high level of requirements quality and relevant documentation.
- Use data and processes during analysis to clarify and validate requirements.
- Define acceptance criteria and monitor user experience.
- Define success metrics and ensure that these are captured, reviewed and appropriate action is taken where these deviate from expected.
- Use domain expertise to enunciate business requirements in a clear way that uplifts domain knowledge of the delivery teams.
- Assess organisational change impact and assist technical and non-technical teams with planning to project change activities.
- Able to design, implement and govern appropriate backlog management structures for a project or team.
- Plays a leadership role is setting standards for agile principles & practise across teams
- Play a facilitator role managing workshops and agile ceremonies, as required
- Able to lead technical and non-technical teams through the breakdown of large/complex pieces of work into items for prioritisation and delivery.
- Building better business processes within project scope through strategic thinking.
- Proactively manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Understand that communication is key to success, building and managing key communication mechanisms
- Be a partner to technical and non-technical teams to promote business change
- Passionate about business analysis, with the ability to translate this into your work
- Works with others to get to achieve the best outcomes in the fastest way. Values and supports other's expertise, efforts and ideas.
- Strives for excellence in all work
- Constantly thinking about what difference can be made for the customer
- Questions the status quo and looks at things in new ways.
- Passionate about learning and adapting to continually improve.
- Listens, doesn't assume to know everything and takes on feedback and ideas.
- Extensive business analysis experience with proven experience as a competent generalist BA and some specialism in desired techniques:
- Acceptance and Evaluations Criteria
- Backlog Management
- Business Rules
- Decision Analysis and Modelling
- Non Functional Requirements Analysis
- Process Analysis and Modelling
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Use Cases / Use Case Models
- User Stories
- Excellent understanding of Agile SCRUM and Kanban
- Excellent communication skills, including influencing and negotiation
- Good technical knowledge to understand the right tools and techniques for each project and activity.
- Proven experience in complex problem solving and analytical thinking
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to lead and coach others when not directly managing them
- Able to use a variety of techniques to achieve effective outcomes
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Highly analytical with a creative problem solving approach
- Knowledge of sports, wagering, mobile applications, payments are all advantageous but not mandatory
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sharesave scheme
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments)
- Free parking
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.