In this role you will work with the team to create techincal designs and implement new products based on the business requirements. You will also develop new features and provide on-going support to existing products.
- Work with stakeholders to model and analyse functional business requirements for the required software components.
- Participate in the software development process from design to release including: design, document and develop solutions as well as code review and peer design activities
- Make sure the code development is in par with the group coding and security guidelines and standards
- Provide support for the production environment as defined and required by management
- Be an active part of the squad agile process. This includes the backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily standups and retrospective meetings.
- Mentor and guide other developers by providing quality coaching and ensuring proper execution of their tasks
- Any other requests coming from management
Skills and Capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related fields
- At least 5 years experience in development of commercial, production-grade applications
- Out of which at least 3 years in development of Java backend systems as main development language
- Experience with Reactive Java web platforms and with design and development of client-server applications.
- Familiar with the following concepts and technologies: Microservices, Reactive Frameworks, Event driven programming, Docker and container orchastrations, Cloud first/native development – advantage
- Familiar with utilizing DB as part of the SW platform, this includes using ORMs or direct DB query development in Java. Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL DBs - advantage
- Familiar with AWS cloud tools, technologies and best practices – advantage
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and JIRA is an asset - advantage
- Strong mathematic skills and knowledge of probability and statistiscs is an asset
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sharesave scheme
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments)
- Free parking
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.