- Provides technical leadership and mentorship to the Engineering Team.
- Sets technical direction and drives best practices in SDLC.
- Core skills a must in Java, spring and microservices
- Quants / Statistical background and / or experience a bonus
- Identify and evaluate potential solution options;
- Provide guidance and ensure adherence to agreed Engineering standards;
- Provide technical leadership in terms of design and adoption of solution architectures, coding expertise, governance best practices and subject matter expertise;
- Collaborate with architects to produce technical roadmaps and ensure alignment to broader technical strategy;
- Gather and consider relevant cross-domain constraints, conventions & opportunities;
- Identify assumptions applicable to the scope of potential solutions;
- Seek to eliminate technical, operational & non-functional risks by design opportunities;
- Define standards & methods fit for the technology involved in a solution;
- Guidance of strategic platform health and hygiene;
- Be an active member of the RTP Engineering Leads Group, championing decisions and standard from the Group.
Project & Operational Delivery
- Support Teams / Engineers to develop software solutions to solve business problems;
- Lead and upskill the team on technical analysis, design & delivery;
- Ensuring viable software designs are conceived, proven, shared and delivered;
- Owning technology & tooling for effective and innovative product development;
- Defining reference implementations, tooling & infrastructure in a domain;
- Continuously lifting quality of estimates, solutions, products, tools & technical IP;
- Ensure Engineers are adhering practices and standards through governance.
- Role model Sportsbet's values to the team and colleagues.
- Support change by understanding & preparing for the impact of a change.
- Drives continuous improvement of technology, patterns and quality.
- Tolerant mentor; nurturing approach toward other technical staff;
- Attention to detail; diligent with analysis;
- Critical thinking; methodical and logical problem solving approach;
- Curious, open minded and keen to learn;
- Collaborative with colleagues;
- Decisive and willing to take responsibility as required;
- Collaborative and inclusive, able to build and maintain good working relationships;
- Passionate & vocal about technology & software design;
- High levels of ownership and relentless will to improve;
- Desire to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent knowledge of Java, it's patterns and practices;
- Experience in major java frameworks such as spring boot, hibernate, etc;
- Experience using real time streaming (Kafka, Kinesis);
- Experience in Messaging frameworks tools (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc);
- Experience in basic AWS concepts and services such as VPC, EC2, ECS, Cloud formation, RDS, cloud watch, etc;
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies and techniques;
- Experience in Unit/Integration testing and tools such as spock, junit etc;
- Experience in relational database as well as non-SQL database;
- Experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery and the tools (Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc);
- Experience with agile SDLC methodologies, high-level estimation & modeling;
- Exposure to classic & modern software development and delivery techniques;
- Fast paced agile & DevOps based environment;
- Experience in design and develop highly available, scalable, and reliable AWS based systems;
- Experience in design and develop microservice based and event-driven applications;
- A clear understanding of systems analysis, component based system design and modern software development principles.
- Consulting and presenting information to different audiences.
Key experience & qualifications
- Experience developing and supporting scalable and performance-critical software written in Java;
- 7+ years java programming experience;
- Demonstrated ability to drive design and delivery of complex technical solutions;
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing Software Engineers;
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Sharesave scheme;
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Free parking;
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'.
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.